Saturday, August 16, 2008

brackets and mounts



Saturday I got to do a little bending and welding to finish off the mounts for the Iota and the Zilla, plus I got the battery straps mounted on the motor/cowl rack.
I wanted to attach the Zilla using a separate bracket so that other brackets could be used if another controllers was called for. The braket mounts to the rack, one of the rack brackets and a miata hole near the shock tower. I used flat head machine screws to that the bolt heads wouldn't interfere with the Zilla.
The Iota was originally going to mount with a bracket, but after some experimenting I found it could fit against the passenger side of the rack really nice. I welded up 4 tabs for it on the rack and drilled them out for flat head machine bolts so that the bold heads won't gouge the batteries.
Lookin' good.

No comments: