Sunday, October 19, 2008

BEQ1s


I got a good 8 hours to work on the car today. I'm in the home stretch now, and anxious to get it.
I got three major things done, so, three blog entries...

First was the BEQ1s.
As you might recall, the BEQ1s are battery equalizers which help keep the batteries from over and under charging which makes the pack last longer. I couldn't get equalizers for the Manzanita Micro charger I planned to buy, so I went with a Zivan that worked with the BEQ1s.

The BEQ1s are compact little black boxes (literally) that are easy to install - they just bolt to the posts of batteries. They have LEDs on them that light to show they are working or that there is an error. I ordered a couple of long terminals because two of the one for the front rack could be covered by the charger making it hard to see the little LEDs. HotJuice Electric (the maker of BEQ1s) was more than happy to help me out.

No comments: