Thursday, October 30, 2008

Almost legal


I talked my wife into giving me a lift to the DMV this morning to register the Miata. You are supposed to register the car right after you buy it, but since it wasn't going anywhere, I didn't think it was a problem. The DMV doesn't see it that way and hit me with about $36 in fines.
Oh well.
They didn't have any problem with it being electric. The woman working the desk said she just needed to enter the letter 'E' someplace to indicate it was electric. I have to schedule an inspection to get the requirement for smog (emissions) checks waved. I think they want to poke around to be sure I'm not hiding a gas engine somewhere under the batteries ; )

They gave me a temporary permit that's good until January 31 - which explains the big number '1' in the pink sticker on the windshield.

No comments: