Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Turning Blue

Well, the battery reseller redeemed themselves today.
I've been busy with work and family stuff lately and haven't had a chance to call to follow up. I gave them a call this morning and not only did they remember who I was and what I wanted, but they explained that they had written down my number wrong and had been trying different combinations of the number to reach me. They hooked me up with the sales rep right away who knocked off the delivery charge. Nice start.
We started talking about terminals - posts and studs - he explained that the blue top marine batteries are the same chemistry, same price but with both posts AND studs.
Hmmm.
While he was checking the inventory I checked the Optima web site, just to confirm, and the specs are identical. Okay, then he explained he had 13 from the same batch in stock and he could have them delivered today. (!)
I got a family trip this weekend and having these babies sitting in the garage would be too much of a temptation. So I arranged to have them delivered next week instead.

Now I got to order some cable...

No comments: