Monday, June 16, 2008

Batteries are here

I had the batteries delivered today. A guy drove up in a truck similar to one of those used to deliver water, pulled out a hand truck and wheeled them into my garage.
They all have a serial number to confirm they were made in the same batch, which he assured me they were.
Each are shrink wrapped and come with a plastic handle which makes them a little tight in the nose rack, but okay in the trunk and upper rack. The trunk rack's supports underneath don't line up with the batteries very well - looks like I was off about 5/8" when I laid it out, so I'll need to do a little cutting and welding on it. I also made the upper rack (formerly known as the cowl rack) a little too wide - about 3/8". I thought about cutting it down, but I think I'll just stick a piece of wood trim in as a spacer.

No comments: