Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can I please buy some batteries?


I have been trying to get a quote on 13 Optima D34 Yellow tops from the local wholesaler. Of course I'm usually doing this after hours, so my first choice for contacting them is e-mail.
After 2 messages and no answer, I resort to the phone.
So I sneak out of work to call them and no one bothers to pick up the phone.
This is starting to remind me of my friend with the flywheel...

Just for the heck of it I called them Tuesday AM on my way into work and - surprise - a woman answered.
As soon as I told her what I wanted she asked if it was for a Sparrow. That's pretty cool, at least they knew it was for an EV. I told her what it was and she gave me the EAA discount which made them $159 each with a $5 (each) delivery charge. Not bad. I was estimating $160.
Then she asked me what kind of terminals I wanted... "You mean I get to choose?!" I'd rather have a stud over a clamp any day... So this was good news.

But when I asked about getting them from the same batch, things went a little sideways. (You want to get your batteries out of a single batch because the chemistry can be different in each batch. Having the same chemistry gives them a better chance of charging and discharging evenly.) But she said getting them from a single batch will require a special order and will take 3 weeks to deliver to their shop before being shipped to my address - so closer to 4 weeks .
I wasn't expecting that long of a delay. Then she said that a "sales associate" would need to call to get the details.
Uh oh.

I hope they call soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any updates?

pmackey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pmackey said...

Thanks for the post. I saw it this morning and it reminded me to make time to call them today.