Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!


I'm back.
and am anxious to finish this project. There isn't a lot left to do, just a few little things that need to be done...

First, the batteries. For the most part, they held their charge pretty well over the last 2 weeks. I still have the one bad battery, number 5, that needs to be replaced, but while I'm waiting, I'll charge up her sisters...

The only really new thing I have on my list is the fuse box. I originally had the Zilla and the vacuum pump wired to the same circuit. Later I added the Iota relay (so that it was only active when the key was on) to the same circuit and realized this was getting to be a bad thing. If the pump or relay blew, or shorted out for whatever reason, the Zilla would too. I bought a cheap fuse box on eBay before the break and today, mounted it on the firewall and wired it up.

While I was messing with the wiring I decided to tackle my wiring harness that snakes around the nose rack. It had gotten pretty messy from adding and moving wires after I had tie wrapped it all down and it's been bothering me. In case it's not clear enough from that comment, I have a *thing* about wires - OCD. It started when I worked at the phone company. Anyway, I had to disconnect a lot of the wiring and one cable, but after an hour and a half, it was nice and clean - no wires wrapped around each other and all covered in the wiring loom.

No comments: