Saturday, September 19, 2009

Visit to the scales


Just made it back from the scales at the dump. I know, but I didn't have a truck scale nearby...
Anyway, after a little confusion I was able to get the guy in the booth to tell me the front total and rear weight.
The total weight (less the driver) comes to 2680 lbs. That's 564 lbs heavier than stock - not surprising with the amount of lead in the car.

The front came to 1460 and the rear to 1220 lbs. This works out to 54/46 weight distribution.

The Miata is known for it's "near perfect 50/50" weight distribution, but after a little research I found it was either 49/51 or 48/52 depending on the source. The designers of the Miata planned to even out the weight to 50/50 once the driver got in the cockpit.

I was out of the car when I did the weights, but given the extra total weight, I wouldn't expect my weight to influence the distribution by more than a point which would possibly make my car 55/45.

No comments: