Sunday, December 7, 2008

Follow up KFOG interview


I got a call from my friend, Peter Finch, who does the Fog Files on a local radio station, KFOG. He wanted to do a follow up interview now that the car was running (and watch the '9er game). We set a time for Sunday just before game time for a chat and a quick drive. After yesterday at the SFEVA meeting, I wasn't planning on driving it very far...
He showed up and pulled out a huge microphone and even huger digital recorder and, after I backed it out of the garage, got in. He asked a few questions as I pulled out, then I asked him if he had his seat belt on and punched it. To be honest, we were going downhill, but I think it made an impression on him. We then drove maybe a 10 block loop while a few people stared at the car making the funny noise driving around with a microphone in the drivers face.
We got back to the house and plugged the car in so he could record the charger doing it's thing (those radio people like stuff like that). I gave him a run down of the components and he mentioned that it all looks too simple which led him to ask why I thought Detroit couldn't build them...

Anyway, I don't think I said anything stupid this time, so it ought to be a pretty good segment.
Not sure when it's going to air, but I'll post a link when it does.

No comments: