Saturday, July 5, 2008

Steak night!





Today is paint day.
After making the battery hold downs for the front rack and bolting them in place, I ground down the welds on both the nose and trunk racks.
where the grinder couldn't reach, I used an emery cloth or a file.
Looks pretty clean, not perfect, by any means, but pretty good.
next it was a trip to the back yard for a coat of primer. It was fairly warm and not much wind, so the painting went well.
after the primer dried inside and out, a broke out the stock red miata touch up paint.
I figure if I painted the racks the same color as the car, it would look stock-ish.
The shiny paint brought out all the imperfections in the racks. Good thing most of it will be hidden by the batteries!
So much for show car quality...
Once I got them in place I bolted them in for real - and they looked awesome.

It'll be steak tonight!

No comments: