Friday, April 25, 2008

Mystery of the flywheel solved!

There is little that I can do at this point without the connecting up the motor - which requires a flywheel.
I haven't been posting my ongoing attempts to find out the status of my flywheel. Let's just say I have been calling the shop weekly always getting an answering machine regardless of when I call. The machine tells me to expect a return call which never comes. I think the last time I actually heard from the shop owner was back in January...

So today, I finally made it out to the shop to confront the owner and get my flywheel back - even if it hadn't been lightened. After an hour drive I find the shop is closed. The gates were locked, the vehicles in the yard were gone as were the collection of rusty crank shafts.
Looks to me like they went out of business - which would explain the un-returned calls...
So, not only do I not have a lightened flywheel, I don't have ANY flywheel.

I got home and checked craigslist, and, like a gift from the gods of electric cars, there was a flywheel listed for sale.
Sunday, I will be $50 poorer, but will be able to move the project forward.

No comments: