Saturday, April 26, 2008

Motor Mount - Part 2

I welded up the motor mount so that it's nice an solid. Next I had to drill a hole in it to accommodate those pesky bolts that run around the outside of the WarP motor. They look important, so I didn't try to remove them ; ). Of course the only place to put the motor mount is directly over a 4 of those pesky bolts. I put the motor mount in place, smeared some grease on the offending bolt head and lower the motor down to contact it. I then drilled a hole in the mount big enough for the bolt head.
Sounds easier than it was.
I then spray painted the finished mount black. I still need to drill the hole in the top part of the ring, but I was anxious to slap some paint on it.
I think the side bolt heads will fit between the ring clamp sides, but I may have to do some grinding.

No comments: