Friday, July 3, 2009

EV Miata on TV


The local ABC affiliate did a short piece on the electric cars being shown at the Marin County Fair. I'm a little leery of dealing with the media - they don't seem to bother getting all the facts straight and are more concerned about telling a story (any story it seems) than getting the truth out, but figure it was work a shot.
Putting my leeriness aside, I took some time off from work to drive up to the fair for my chance at an interview, and it ended up being well worth it. I had a chance to talk with some of the other car owners/entrepreneurs who were showing their cars (all great people) and the reporter, Wayne Freedman, turned out to be a great guy as well. He asked good questions and seemed to understand the answers, to my surprise. I had about 5 minutes to tell my story and when it was done he asked if later they could take a ride in the car(!) Why my car instead of the Porsche speedster or Shelby Daytona replica, I don't know, but I was happy to oblige.

I hung around as he did a few more interviews then was politely told that time wouldn't allow a ride. Oh well.

The piece aired that night, and I missed it, (of course), but thanks to the internet it can be seen forever (or at least until the take it off their site). Only a few seconds of my interview made it into the final segment - kind of funny - the one line I have is about kitchen appliances...

Anyway, it's a pretty positive overall.

Here's a link to the piece - don't blink or you'll miss me...

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/technology&id=6896777

No comments: