Monday, June 1, 2009

Maker Faire


The Maker Faire turned out to be a great event - I'm definitely planning to go next year.

It was a little beyond my range and, as you know from following the blog, my controller was "in the shop" so I had planned to tow it down to the event. I rented a truck and tow dolly from U-Haul and just as I had talked my neighbor into helping push the car on to the dolly, the UPS man showed up with my controller!

45 minutes later, I was driving onto the dolly. My dad helped me load and unload the car and even bought lunch along the way. We were assigned a space in a hall with 1 and a half Teslas (one was missing the body and interior), Cal Cars doing a Prius conversion and a converted dune buggy.

The SFEVA arranged for volunteers to help talk up electric cars and conversions in general which was a tremendous help. I talked to a LOT of people, some where new to the concept, some were thinking about converting a car of their own and even a few who follow this blog!

All in all it was a great event that I'll try to make an annual thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.