Monday, May 4, 2009

First trip behind a tow truck ; (

(EV
Things had been going real well lately, so something was bound to go wrong...

I was on my way to work this morning - I had just shifted into 3rd at 55mph when the battery light went out and the check engine light turned on. This meant the controller had turned itself off with an error. Since I had no power, I coasted to a stop by the curb in a nearly legal parking place.

I tried to start it a couple of times without any luck. I then pulled out my laptop to see the error code from the Zilla, and it indicated the Zilla and the Hairball weren't communicating. I checked the data cable and it was in place and properly seated.

It took about an hour for the tow truck to come.

I contacted the vendor I got the Zilla from (EV Source) and they contacted Cafe Electric who after a few questions sent me an RMA number for the Zilla and Hairball.

Good news is it's not something I did, but the car will be out of commission for a bit.
; (

No comments: