Saturday, February 2, 2008

Motor installed - sort of...


The nose rack is mostly done, but until I get the motor in, I won’t know for sure how it will fit. The flywheel is still not ready, so I decided to just *place* the motor in for sizing purposes – no flywheel, no clutch – just put in place. I talked a friend of mine into helping so we could avoid the hoist rental. I bolted the adapter on the motor and made a sling out of some tie-downs. I put the floor jack in position and between the two of us we lifted the motor over the front of the car and into position. After a little wrestling we got the bolt holes to align and set them in place. A 2 x 4 between the motor and the subframe and wa-la! And guess what? – my nose rack doesn’t fit : (

1 comment:

Mannyman said...

Great job.
All the hard work will be worth it.
I promise.
Manny
http://EVorBust.blogspot.com